Surah AL-Furqan: (Continued)
- We must study the Sunnah and compare it to our lives
- Be mindful who you keep as friends and company
- Shaytan makes us commit sins, he convinces you to do them, but then he will desert you on the Day
- The Quran will be an intercessor on the Day. Its intercession will be accepted. Quran will lead us to Jannah
- When a person cannot resist his own desires, he begins to take it as a god, which is shirk. This is the most disliked thing by Allah.
- Hell is surround by our own bad desires. Heaven is surrounded by things are difficult here. Our own desires should and cannot be our god.
- Suppress resist and say No to our bad desires.
- So many people listen to their own desires. On that Day they will have nothing but Hell.
- Allah (swt) could have sent a messenger to every city if He wanted.
- Strive your absolute best in spreading the message of the Quran. It’s a great strive to everyone possible.
- We should strive like people who try to market their products: These people use ads, mail, emails, flyers, billboards, commercials, bus benches, buses, etc. These people do anything and everything possible to promote their business/product. We should strive and work hard like this to spread the message of the Quran.
- It would be the height of selfishness to know about the Quran. To have learned and studied and understood the Quran, but to not have shared it all. It’s very sad. To sit with it ourselves and not to share it.
- Making money is not easy. Making it to Jannah is not so easy either.
- Be the sweet water among a salty environment. Ask yourself, can I maintain my sweetness despite the bitterness around me?
- Hell is a horrible place to be, temporarily or permanently
- Repent, do righteous work and believe.
- Don’t find falsehood amusing, entertaining or funny.
Surah Ash-Shu’ara: (the Poets)
- When giving someone else advise, one always remembers his own sins first, thinking I am unworthy of preaching. But conveying the word of Allah (swt) is an obligation
- The conversation/confrontation between pharaoh and prophet Musa (as) is mentioned here
- Allah (swt) is the real doctor
- Prophet Abraham (as) is mentioned here
- Sound and clean heart
- The first to believe were the poor and the weak
- “Worship Allah and obey me” were the words of the messengers. They never asked for payment or riches of any kind.
- We make castles and palaces here. As if we are gonna live here in this world forever. Why do we live our lives as if we are not going to die?
- There were people who denied the prophets, so Allah (swt) destroyed them
- Amending relationships, earns you the BEST reward from Allah (swt)
- Causing corruption will just shave off your good deeds. Fasaad (mischief, corruption) between people is very dangerous. Have we fought with anyone?
- Ayah 169: prophet Lot (as) made dua: My Lord save me and my family from the consequences of what they do
- The Quran is referenced in previous scriptures. It was recognized by scholars of Bani Israel.
- Those seeking guidance, do not follow poetry. Do not find it entertaining or attractive. (for ex: Movies or songs of their time)
- Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: it’s better to fill your insides with pus than with this “poetry” ( Movies, music, shows, etc) Because these things are so far from reality, they are unrealistic. So set limits for yourself. (Its only good when used with Dhikr of Allah or for Islam)
Surah An-Naml: (the Ant)
- Those people who do not believe, they find their (bad) deeds are pleasing to them.
- If a sin has been done, replace it with good. As something bad happens, replace it with good.
- Hijra, Hajj wipes out all previous sins
- Prophet Musa (as), had nine signs he took to the pharaoh
- He/she who takes the path of knowledge, Allah (swt) will make the path of Jannah easy for him/her. Angels honor the person seeking knowledge
- We should be greedy for whatever will benefit us eternally.
- Remembrance of Allah (swt)
- Solomon had been taught the language of the birds. His soldiers were of jinn, men and birds. They all marched on until they reached the valley of the Ants.
- An ant said to another: enter dwellings to not be crushed. Meaning the ant recognized the prophet.
- Solomon asked: Allah (swt) keep me grateful
- Ants cannot be eliminated, do not kill them. Because you would be killing nations that glorify Allah (swt). They are Allah’s creations
- Hoopoe was a bird of Solomon’s that was missing. Hoopoe came back from Sheba with knowledge that a woman was ruling Sheba. A very rich country. Her and her people would prostrate and worship the sun instead of Allah (swt). So Solomon sent a letter ( form of dawah) to be sent to the people of Sheba. The letter asked her to become Muslim. He waited for their answer.
- So even here, knowing there is a very new and rich civilization, Solomon was thinking of dawah and spreading Islam
- Ruler of Sheba asked her advisors for advice. They were trusting with whatever she decided. She said that the outcome of war is never good. She sent a gift to Solomon. Solomon refused the gift because Allah (swt) had already given him all that he needed and had. Ruler of Sheba agreed to accept Islam. Solomon than asked one of the jinn from his army to bring her a throne, fast, before she arrived and before that he himself (Solomon) rose from his seat.
- But a person/jinn/some one who had knowledge of the scripture brought it faster than that jinn. And her throne was brought.
- Solomon wanted to test the people of Sheba. He asked her throne to be disguised. But she was wise and recognized her throne. She accepted Islam.
- It was learned that the only reason she was worshipping the sun, was because that was what her people did. Meaning the people were just ignorant and unknowing. But upon giving the word and knowledge, they submitted to Allah (swt). She didn’t surrender, but instead she submitted to Allah (swt).
- No such thing as bad omen. Bad things are tests and trials.
- People of Salih tried and planned to kill him, but instead they were destroyed.
- Prophet Lot (as)’s wife was NOT saved.
Al-Huda, Fahm-ul-Quran 2015
Al-huda, the Quran club