Surah Al-Mujadila: (the Pleading woman)
- Seek Allah (swt) for the solutions to your problems. People do not have the answers, Allah (swt) does.
- Complain and discuss with others about your problems, if you are having to do it in a calm quiet voice. Without it spreading it publicly or to everyone in family. Talk to, if needed, just one person.
- But still should complain to Allah (swt), before complaining to other people.
- There is no need to share with others your private matters. And you should not ask either. Private is private. Ask Allah (swt) for your solutions. Not people.
- Ask Allah (swt) for forgiveness for sins we know about and those we have forgotten about.
- There is no such thing as a private conversation, because Allah (swt) is always present and always listening. Nothing is private from Him.
- When sitting in groups and gatherings, learn to make space for other who want to join. Don’t be offended if asked to get up and move, be welcoming and make space for others to sit down and join. Be accommodating. Be considerate. Gather yourself together to make more space for others. Allah (swt) will make space for you. “Space yourselves” in assemblies. (Ayah 11)
- Also fill in the gaps if needed. But not while making it tight and uncomfortable for others. We should be comfortable when praying, in order to concentrate and focus.
- Lies are biggest sign of hypocrisy.
- Believers have no affection for Shaytan’s group
Surah Al-Hashr: (the Exile)
- During time of deprivation or trouble, do dhikr or tasbeeh
- Obey and accept from the Messenger. Allah (swt) says don’t disobey him. Don’t disobey his teachings. Disobeying parents is wrong. Disobeying prophet Muhammad (saw) is even worse.
- Whoever is protected from the stinginess of his soul, those are the ones who will be successful.
- Greed and stinginess is very dangerous
- Take a look at what you have put forth for your Life after death
- Don’t forget Allah (swt), don’t forget you are His servant. If you do, you have forgotten yourself. So remember Him often.
- Real impact of the Quran is that it breaks your ego. Be humbled by it. Really think about what we are pursuing here in this world.
- Prophet Muhammad (saw) gave an example of a man and his 3 friends. The three friends.
- Friend #1: says take whatever you want as you please (This is the man’s wealth)
- Friend #2: says I am with you, but when you die, I will leave you (This is the man’s family and children)
- Friend #3: says I am with you and I will go with you. (This is the man’s deeds)
- He is the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, Bestower of Fatih, the Overseer, the Compeller, the Superior, the Exalted in might, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner, the Wise
- Allah (swt) has designed it, don’t criticize His design, His creations.
- The most severe punishment for people on the Day of Judgement is for those who imitate Allah (swt) in the act of creation. And they do this with pride, competing with Allah (swt). This is completely forbidden.
Surah Al-Mumtahanah: (She that is to be Examined)
- Believers must not have allies or have affection for the enemies of Islam.
- But more importantly, those who are disbelievers and don’t treat you unjustly, then don’t be unjust with them. If they don’t fight you, you are not forbidden from them.
- Allah (swt) forbids us from those who fight us because of religion and expels us from our home. Must not make allies with them.
Surah as-Saf: (the Ranks)
- Ayah 2: Allah (swt) asks us: Oh believers why do you say what you do not do?
- Meaning why do you say you’ll do something good for the Deen and then not actually do it? Why do you change your mind? Why the inconsistency? Why make promises and not fulfill them?
- It’s important that we abide by our word
- Even lying to a child, is considered a lie. Does not make it ok because its being said to a child.
- Ayah 3: Allah (swt) hates that you say what you do not do.
- Allah (swt) loves those who stand firmly in the front. Strong joined and firmly. Standing in the front during Jamaat. Go to the front, determined in the way of Allah (swt)
- Strive in the way of Allah (swt), struggle in the way of Allah (swt). With your health, with your lives. Strive your best, your utmost effort.
- Last resort is battle. But there are many ways to strive in the way of Allah (swt) before having to resort to that.
- Make time for the Quran. Bring it into your lives and into the lives of other people. To help others learn the Deen is a full-time job. 24/7. It’s not just part-time
- Eventually you will have and see the benefits in this life for your efforts. Victory
- A faction of the Bani Israel believed, and a faction of them did not believe.
- Mending a relationship between two is a trade you make with Allah (swt). No direct benefit for you here, but it will be a benefit for you with Allah (swt).
Surah Al-Jumu’ah: (the Congregation, Friday)
- Without the Quran in our lives, we are in clear error
- Knowledge is meant to be implemented, taught, shared and used. It is not meant to be just stored. Don’t waste it by letting it sit there.
- The more you know, the more shaytan tempts you
- Don’t be like the people who have a lot of knowledge but just let it sit there.
- Revise your knowledge, mention it, share it, implement it
- When you hear the athan (call to prayer) of Jumuah. Stop everything and go to the masjid. Proceed to the remembrance of Allah (swt). Go on time for khutbah ( public sermon, teaching)
- Bathe on Friday, leave early, walk to masjid, sit close to Imam and listen to him, do not engage in idle talk. The reward for each one takes on Friday towards Jumuah prayer, he will have the reward for one year of fasting and praying at night.
- Missing the Jumu’ah prayer 3 times earns the stamp of hypocrisy. Must go to Jumuah.
- The Day of Judgement will be on Friday. Friday will come in a radiant beautiful form. It will be beautiful like bride being taken to her groom. People of Jumuah will be in light of Jumuah. People will be just staring at these people in amazement.
- Ilm (knowledge) that you gain is better that what you can buy.
Surah Al-Munafiqun: (the Hypocrites)
- Hypocrites come and say that they testify Muhammad (saw) is the messenger of Allah (swt). Allah (swt) rejects testimony of the hypocrites.
- We must testify with our words, hearts, and actions.
- Good manners and knowledge are never present together in a hypocrite
- Use the money that Allah (swt) has given you, for the Akhirah. Don’t delay in charity giving. Give when you are healthy. Sadaqah protects you.
Surah At-Taghabun: (the Mutual Disillusion)
- Your wealth, your children are trials for you
- Forgive your spouses and children for the past
- But don’t blame family, for you not obeying Allah (swt)
Surah At-Talaq: (the Divorce)
- Proper rulings of Divorce. Fear Him. Obey the rules. Don’t be overcome by emotions.
- Leave your sins, fear Allah (swt), and He will forgive you sins.
- Let the women, that are being divorce, wait out period of Iddah, peacefully. Provide for them, while and if they are pregnant.
- Previous nations were given the message and messengers. But those who disbelieved and denied were destroyed. Learn and don’t repeat that mistake.
- With every hardship, in every hardship, after every hardship. Comes ease.
- Spend from your wealth, provision that Allah (swt) has provided.
Surah At-Tahrim: (the Prohibition)
- Prophet (saw) for the sake of his wives, made an oath not to eat and drink honey again because his wives didn’t like the smell. But if he were to do something, everyone would follow it. And so in Ayah 1, it is said: Oh Prophet why do you prohibit yourself from what Allah (swt) has made lawful for you.
- The oath was then dissolved.
- Prophet Muhammad (saw) confided a secret to one of his wives. She went and broke the secrecy and told another wife of his the secret. Allah (swt) showed the Prophet what the wives had done. His wife Aisha (ra) asked who told about the breaking of the secret: prophet (saw) said I was informed by Allah (swt), the Knowing and Acquainted. The secret should have remained a secret.
- If the wives repent to Allah (swt), it is best. But if they cooperate against the prophet (saw), then Allah (swt) is his protector, and Gabriel, righteous of believers, angels are all his assistants.
- Allah (swt) warns the wives can be replaced by better ones. Believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping etc.
- Never be proud and arrogant of your knowledge or memory of the Quran.
- Your Iman is your own. Prophet Noah and Lot’s wives were not saved.
- Wife of pharaoh, Aasiya was an extremely patient woman.
- Maryam guarded her chastity, a devout worshipper, and continuously obedient.